Maria has been working in OLIVARES since April 2013. After being a part of the Litigation area led by Alejandro Luna Fandiño, since 2016 she works as a lawyer in the trademark area with Antonio Belaunzarán Martínez.
Her practice consists in providing consultancy regarding the protection and acquisition of trademarks abroad to national and international clients.
Her work also consists in filing oppositions before the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, trademark litigation such as filing nullity claims and non-use cancellation actions, filing response to office actions issued by IMPI and providing general consultancy in regard to trademark matters to national and international clients.
When I’m not being a lawyer…
When I’m not being a lawyer I love watching movies and TV series, I enjoy working out, going out with my friends, walking my dog and spending quality time with my family.
I love traveling, discovering new places and meeting new people.
- “Las Ventajas del Nuevo Sistema de Oposición de Marcas en México”, OLIVARES 26 de Mayo de 2016 http://www.olivares.mx/The-Advantages-of-the-New-Trademark-Opposition-System-in-Mexico/
- “Blockchain: implicaciones y consecuencias para la Propiedad Intelectual”, LVCENTINVS, 30 de Mayo de 2017 http://www.lvcentinvs.es/2017/05/30/blockchain-implicaciones-y-consecuencias-para-la-propiedad-intelectual/
- “Reforma a la Ley de La Propiedad Industrial Mexicana en materia de Marcas”, LVCENTINVS, 26 de Junio de 2018 http://www.lvcentinvs.es/2018/06/26/reforma-a-la-ley-de-la-propiedad-industrial-mexicana-en-materia-de-marcas/
- Law Degree at Universidad Iberoamericana Campus Santa Fe, Mexico City, 2015
- Magister Lvcentinvs, Master in Intellectual Property at the University of Alicante, Spain, 2016-2017
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- Fundación Barra Mexicana A.C.
- European Intellectual Property Institutes Network (EIPIN)
- European Intellectual Property Institutes Network (EIPIN) Dieter Stauder Team Award for best report during the 18th Congress “The new Data Economy between Data Ownership, Privacy and Safeguarding Competition” from 25-28 January 2016 in London and 6-8 April 2017 in Munich.