Omar joined Olivares in 2011. He is an attorney of our litigation team since 2013 focusing his practice primarily to litigation of trademarks, unfair competition, patents and industrial designs (invalidity, infringement and non-use cancellation actions of patents and trademarks before the Mexican Trademark Office, Appeals before the Federal Court of Tax and Administrative Affairs and Amparo lawsuits before District Courts and Circuit Courts). In addition to litigation, his practice focuses on providing advice to our clients regarding the registration, protection and defense of their intellectual property rights.
- “Bill to regulate geographical indications”, Managing Intellectual Property, Febrero, 2014.
- 2014 Badillo, M. Celis y O. Serrano, “Uso Marcario a la luz de los Tratados Internacionales”, Barra Mexicana de Abogados, Agosto, 2014.
- A. Badillo, M. Celis y O. Serrano, “Consideraciones en torno al nuevo sistema de oposición al registro de marcas en México”, Barra Mexicana de Abogados, Junio, 2016
When I’m not being an engineer…
I like spending time with my family and friends. I like watching sports, especially soccer, tennis and football. I like reading, listening to music and traveling. I enjoy movies and I am a fan of Mexican, Italian and French food.
- “CONTRAMAR”, El Contramar S.A. de C.V. Trademark Infringement action Before the Mexican Trademark Office. (2013-2014)
- “LATÓN”, Grupo Modelo, Modelo MKT de México y Cervecería Modelo vs. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma. Trademark Infringement action Before the Mexican Trademark Office. (2015-2018)
- “MICHELOB ULTRA vs. AMSTEL ULTRA”, Cervecería Modelo de México vs. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma. Unfair competition infringement action before the Mexican Trademark Office. (2018)
- Bachelor of Laws at Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico City Campus. (2008-2012)
- LLM in Intellectual Property Law at Queen Mary University of London, Graduated with Distinction (2016-2017)
- CENEVAL Excellency award 2012.
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual, A.C. (AMPPI)