Sergio Olivares, Jr. joined OLIVARES in 1987, becoming a partner in 1994 and Chairman of the Management Committee in 2009. He leads the firm with strength and a commitment to transparency, client satisfaction, and personal service.
Mr. Olivares work at OLIVARES is extensive, and he has vast experience in the prosecution and litigation of intellectual property rights, particularly trademarks, copyrights, patents and unfair competition. He has specialized his practice in all types of intellectual property law, but works closely with the Patent group. Mr. Olivares is highly recommended by leading industry titles and rankings as a leader in IP. He has been influential in ensuring that the firm remains highly innovative as we have added new practice areas and industry groups that offer more complex types of work such as regulatory advice and administrative litigation in addition to the establishment of the Life Science and IT industry groups.
After his graduate work, Mr. Olivares trained with two prominent Intellectual Property law firms in New York City, Morgan & Finnegan and Kenyon & Kenyon, before joining OLIVARES. This deep understanding of US intellectual property law allows him to offer clients clear comparative analyses of the US and Mexican legal systems and explain complex matters in a way that suits our international clients needs.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center
Intellectual Property, 1993
- Universidad Intercontinental
Juris Doctor, 1991
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Intelectual (ASIPI)
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (ANADE)
- Barra Mexicana de Abogados (BMA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Chambers Latin America – IP, Band 2
- IAM Patent 1000 – Prosecution, Recommended
- Latin Lawyer 250, Tier 1
- Legal 500, Tier 1
- MIP – IP Star
- Who’s Who Legal, Tier 1
- WTR 1000 – Gold – Prosecution & Strategy
- WTR 1000 – Silver – Enforcement & Litigation