Gustavo A. Alcocer
Gustavo Alcocer manages the Corporate and Commercial Law Group at OLIVARES, advising domestic and foreign businesses and the owners of those businesses on Mexican and cross-border corporate and commercial transactions.
With more than 30 years of law firm and in-house practice experience, Mr. Alcocer possesses a wealth of transactional knowledge in M&A, finance, and business law and advises clients on complex M&A, finance, banking and securities, securitization, asset sale & acquisition, licensing, franchising, real estate transactional work, and regulatory work. Clients routinely turn to him for sophisticated strategic advice regarding structuring, maintaining and expanding operations in Mexico, as well as on valuation and monetization. Additionally, Mr. Alcocer has worked with international companies on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) cases and anti-bribery compliance, as well as privacy and personal data protection.
His practice focuses on intellectual property-intensive industry sectors, including life sciences, information technology, food and beverage, transportation, retail, and more. He also negotiates transactions and handles alternative dispute resolution proceedings; domestic and international mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures and strategic alliances; international business negotiations; general corporate advice; domestic and international corporate structuring and reorganization; real estate, cross-border franchising and international sales, licensing, supply, distribution and sales representative agreements; and global supply chain legal requirements.
- Chambers Latin America – IP, Band 2
- IAM Patent 1000 – Prosecution, Recommended
- Latin Lawyer 250, Tier 1
- Legal 500, Tier 1
- MIP – IP Star
- Who’s Who Legal, Tier 1
- WTR 1000 – Gold – Prosecution & Strategy
- WTR 1000 – Silver – Enforcement & Litigation
- J.D., Universidad Intercontinental de Mexico Law School (UNAM) (1990).
- Graduate Studies on the Program of Banking and Securities Law (1993), at Fordham University’s School of Law
- Mexican Bar Association (BMA)
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers
- Association of Licensing Executives in Technology Transfer
- American Bar Association (foreign associate)
- International Bar Association (Former Co-chair of the Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee)
- International Franchise Association (IFA)
- Life Science & Pharmaceutical Law Group
- Media, Sports & Entertainment Law Group
- International Technology & E-Commerce
Related Practice Areas:
- M&A Corporate, Commercial and Business Law
- Finance Regulatory Law
- Licensing, Tech Transfer & Franchising
Pedro Luis Ogazón 17, Col. San Ángel, 01000, Ciudad de México.
Phone 52 (55) 5322 3000
Fax 52 (55) 5322 3001