Alonso Camargo’s clients “draw confidence from his complete dedication to their cause,” according to World Trademark Review’s WTR 1000. Mr. Camargo joined OLIVARES in 1995 and became a partner in 2008. He is a highly experienced trademark attorney who represents many of the firm’s key clients and their well-known brands. His team serves as the heartbeat of Olivares’ trademark practice.
Mr. Camargo has been involved in high-level matters related to getting 3D marks granted upon first review by the Instituto Mexicano de la Propiedad Industrial (IMPI). Getting such marks granted on first review is precedent-setting and helps clients to avoid lengthy litigation in the future.
He also has worked with the Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual on a task force to help rewrite the procedure manual for examiners at IMPI in order to better protect his clients’ trademarks.
Mr. Camargo studied in Alicante, Spain, where he received his Masters in Intellectual Property. He has extensive knowledge of the European trademark system and is thus able to make comparisons between the European and Mexican systems in order to more effectively explain legal issues to his clients.
- Chambers Latin America: Life Sciences Up and Coming Star
- MIP – IP Star
- WTR 1000 – Silver – Prosecution & Strategy
- Universidad de Alicante
Masters in Intellectual Property Law, 2003
- Universidad Iberoamericana
Juris Doctor, 1998
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- MARQUES’ Famous and Well-Known Marks Team Member
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- INTA’s Trademark Office Practices Committee – Madrid Subcommittee
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)