Victor Ramírez is co-leader of OLIVARES’ trademark practice group, focusing chiefly on counseling, negotiating and prosecuting Industrial Property disputes (nullity, caducity and infringement proceedings) before the Mexican Patent and Trademark Office (IMPI). Since joining the firm in 1999, Mr. Ramirez has served clients across a variety of industries, including high-tech, electronics, and software, and has helped to develop anti-counterfeiting and antipiracy strategies to protect and enforce companies’ intellectual property rights in both administrative and criminal venues, as well as on appeal in the courts.
Mr. Ramirez has significant experience conducting, analyzing and reporting search results for trademarks, slogans and commercial names; preparing and filing trademark, slogan and commercial name applications with IMPI; assisting leading companies in the food and beverage industry, including alcoholic beverages, to successfully resolve compliance proceedings initiated by the Consumer Protection and Health agencies, as well as to obtain the marketing authorizations required for their advertising and product labeling; and trying uniform dispute resolution procedures related to domain names.
He also works on contractual transactions, advising and drafting licensing, assignment, franchise and transfer of technology agreements, as well as recording such agreements with IMPI as required.
In addition to his trademark work, Mr. Ramirez has gained diverse experience over his more than two decades with OLIVARES as a key member of practice groups including litigation, regulatory and anti-counterfeiting.
- “The Mexican trademark system for pharmaceutical products”. World Trademark Review. 
- “Mexico Chapter”. Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2010/2011: A Global Guide. 
- “Mexican Chapter”. PTG. 
- “Mexico Chapter”. Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2009: A Global Guide. 
- “New precedent case law regarding the claiming of damages resulting from an infringement of industrial property rights”. Managing Intellectual Property. 
- When I’m not being a lawyer…
- I participate in continuing education by assisting and collaborating with various partners of the firm on research and essay drafts to be commented on seminars in various academic forums and occasionally replacing them in teaching classes in postgraduate courses on the Industrial Property field.
When I’m not being a lawyer…
I participate in continuing education by assisting and collaborating with various partners of the firm on research and essay drafts to be commented on seminars in various academic forums and occasionally replacing them in teaching classes in postgraduate courses on the Industrial Property field.
- New Hampshire University (Franklin Pierce Law Center
Intellectual Property), 2007
- Universidad Panamericana
Postgraduate Major in Intellectual Property Law, 2005
- Universidad Panamericana
Juris Doctor, 2000
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Chamber of Mexico (AMCHAM Mexico) President of the IP Committee 2019-2021
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)