COVID-19. Mexico has entered into PHASE 2
Mar – 25 -2020
Tuesday March 24, 2020, the Mexican President announced that officially, Mexico entered into phase 2 (local transmission) of the outbreak of COVID-9. Additional and new measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 and “flatten the curve” of infection will be implemented as from today, these measures are the following:
- Protect elder people and vulnerable groups.
- Suspension of classes at the national education system from march 23 to April 19, 2020.
- Temporarily suspension of events and meetings of 100 people or more.
- Temporarily suspension of work activities that involve mobilization of people in all society sectors.
- Strengthen basic sanitary prevention measures.
The last two weeks, many of these preventive measures have been adopted gradually by a significant fraction of the private sector and fewer public entities, without this expected official and federal declaratory of phase 2 which comprises, preventive but legal, social and economic implications that Olivares will continue providing updates.
Please note that as mentioned in our last newsletters, although must of the jurisdictional authorities have already suspended activities, having few guards to cases of emergency, the Mexican Patent and Trademark Office will remain receiving motions and applications but legal terms will be suspended until April 20, 2020.