Alonso Camargo joined the firm in 1995 and became a partner in 2008. He is a highly experienced trademark attorney who represents many of our key clients’ well-known brands. His practice is the work engine of the Trademark practice at OLIVARES.
Alonso has more recently been involved in some high level work in relation to getting 3D marks granted on first review within the Instituto Mexicano de la Propiedad Industrial (Mexican PTO). Having had the first marks granted at the first review is precedent setting and helps clients avoid lengthy litigation in the future.
He has also worked within Mexico’s national association of IP practitioners on a task force to help rewrite the procedure manual for the examiners at the Mexican Trademark Office, and, ultimately, best protect OLIVARES’ clients’ trademarks.
Alonso studied in Alicante, Spain, receiving his Masters in Intellectual Property. He possesses extensive knowledge of the European TM system and is able to compare the European and Mexican systems and explain to clients legal issues in terms they can easily understand.
- Universidad de Alicante
Masters in Intellectual Property Law, 2003
- Universidad Iberoamericana
Juris Doctor, 1998
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- INTA’s Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice Committee
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Chambers Latin America: Life Sciences Up and Coming Star
- MIP – IP Star
- WTR 1000 – Silver – Prosecution & Strategy