Gustavo A. Alcocer joined OLIVARES as a partner in 1999. He manages the Corporate and Commercial Law Group and is Co-Chair of the Life Sciences and Pharmaceuticals Group. Prior to joining OLIVARES, he acted as In House counsel for Banamex for 11 years in various positions, including Vice President of International Legal Affairs in New York and Executive Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for Grupo Financiero Banamex in Mexico City.
Mr. Alcocer possesses a wealth of transactional experience in M&A, finance and business law and advises our clients on complex M&A, finance, asset sale & acquisition, licensing, franchising, real estate transactional work, and regulatory work. Clients routinely turn to him for sophisticated strategic advice regarding structuring maintaining, and expanding operations in Mexico and intellectual property valuation and monetization. Additionally, Mr. Alcocer has worked with international companies in FCPA and anti-bribery compliance, as well as privacy and personal data protection.
- Fordham University
Postgraduate in Banking and Securities Law, 1993
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México / Universidad Intercontinental
Juris Doctor, 1990
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (ANADE)
- Barra Mexicana de Abogados (BMA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Chambers Latin America – Life Sciences, Band 3
- IAM Patent 1000 – Transactions, Recommended
- Latin Lawyer 250, Tier 1
- MIP – IP Star
- Who’s Who Legal, Tier 1